Written by Dennis Yurichev (yurichev.com).
Praise for the book
- Its very well done .. and for free .. amazing.’ (Daniel Bilar, Siege Technologies, LLC.)
- …excellent and free (Pete Finnigan, Oracle RDBMS security guru.).
- … book is interesting, great job! (Michael Sikorski, author of Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software.)
- … my compliments for the very nice tutorial! (Herbert Bos, full professor at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.)
- … It is amazing and unbelievable. (Luis Rocha, CISSP / ISSAP, Technical Manager, Network & Information Security at Verizon Business.)
- Thanks for the great work and your book. (Joris van de Vis, SAP Netweaver & Security specialist.)
- … reasonable intro to some of the techniques. (Mike Stay, teacher at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Georgia, US.)
As seen on…
Topics discussed: x86, ARM.
Topics touched: Oracle RDBMS, Itanium, copy-protection dongles, LD_PRELOAD, stack overflow, ELF, win32 PE file format, x86-64, critical sections, syscalls, TLS, position-independent code (PIC), profile-guided optimization, C++ STL, OpenMP, win32 SEH.