Atom is now available for Mac users and is open source, naturally. The company plans on releasing Linux and Windows versions very soon.
# Welcome to the Atom!
1. To help us improve the editor, Atom sends anonymous usage information. See
[atom/metrics](https://github.com/atom/metrics) for details on how to disable
the metrics package and what information is tracked.
2. If you only remember one thing make it `cmd-shift-P`. This keystroke toggles
the command palette, which lists every Atom command. Yes, you can try it now!
Press `cmd-shift-P`, type `markdown` and press enter. It will trigger the
`markdown-preview:show` command which renders this text to HTML.
4. Here is where you can get more help with Atom
* The [Atom docs](https://www.atom.io/docs) contain Guides and the API
* Discuss Atom at [discuss.atom.io](http://discuss.atom.io).
* The [Atom Org](https://github.com/atom). This is where all GitHub created Atom
packages can be found.
5. If you ever want to see this buffer again use the command palette
(`cmd-shift-P`) and search for `Welcome`.