- 2 Factor Authentication (Authy)
- UFW (Firewall)
- FSTAB (Secure Shared Memory) [Step 2]
- Disallow Root Access [Step 3]
- Protect SU [Step 4]
- SYSCTL Settings (Harden Network) [Step 5]
- IP Spoofing [Step 7]
- DenyHosts (Prevent Brute Force Attacks)
- Fail2Ban (Protect SSH)
- PSAD (Network Intrusion Detection)
- Tripwire (Server Intrusion Detection)
- RKHunter (Rootkit Guard)
- Apparmor (SELinux) [Step 17]
Ubuntu CIS Benchmark
This document provides prescriptive guidance for establishing a secure configuration posture for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server. To obtain the latest version of this guide, please visit http://benchmarks.cisecurity.org. If you have questions, comments, or have identified ways to improve this guide, please write us at [email protected]
Apache CIS Benchmark
This document, CIS Apache 2.4 Benchmark, provides prescriptive guidance for establishing a secure configuration posture for Apache Web Server versions 2.4 running on Linux. This guide was tested against Apache Web Server 2.4.3 – 2.4.6 as built from source httpd-2.4.x.tar.gz from http://httpd.apache.org/ on Linux. To obtain the latest version of this guide, please visit http://benchmarks.cisecurity.org. If you have questions, comments, or have identified ways to improve this guide, please write us at [email protected]
Got it from http://askubuntu.com/questions/447144/basic-security-tools-and-packages-that-should-be-installed-on-a-public-facing-we
Most of *tutorials* about speed optimization that I’v seen talk about minify css, combine them etc… today I’v faced myself (lol) in to a problem… I’m using Flat UI – Free Bootstrap Framework and Theme on a very simple html page. That page will be delivered in a zip file and I just want the HTML itself… So, I want to put the CSS in the HTML but I don’t want the unused stylesheets on it…
So I’v installed CSS remove and combine from Steve McArthur.
Some graphs taken from https://unused-css.com/ about the used/not used CSS selectors/stylesheed.
- 27% of the CSS selectors are used
- The cleaned CSS file size is 61% smaller
- Css usage after cleaning 7% of the CSS selectors are used
- The cleaned CSS file size is 85% smaller
I can’t afford a NGINX Plus yet! 🙂
I might need to have one in one year of things work out like I want!
NGINX Plus looks hot!
- A new “Least Time” load-balancing algorithm
- Full-featured TCP load balancing
- High availability and failover between NGINX Plus instances
- A new statistics dashboard and improved monitoring
- Support for SSL authentication of email traffic (IMAP, POP3, and SMTP)
New “Least Time” Load-Balancing Algorithm
Full-Featured TCP Load Balancing
Fernando Báez, Digital Art Director & Freelance Designer of justcreativeideas.com is giving away his awesome resumé template for download.
Found this list today!
It’s a fucking huge list.