Sucuri has lunched an Website Performance Tool.
We extract three key metrics that are critical to the performance of any website: connection time, time to first byte (TTFB) and total load time:
- Connection time: It measures how long it takes for the TCP session to be established to your website. If you are a networking geek, it measures how long it takes for the 3-way handshake to be completed.
- Time To First Byte (TTFB): This is one of the most important numbers to pay attention to, as it tells you how long it takes for the first byte to be received by the browser. This metric is important because as soon as the browser receives the first few bytes, it can start to load the page and display content to the end user.
- Total Load Time: This shows how long it takes for the full page to be loaded.
To give us the visibility we need for these tests, we setup 13 globally distributed testing stations:
- 4 in USA (New York, Atlanta, Dallas and Los Angeles)
- 1 in Canada (Montreal)
- 4 in Europe (Germany, UK, France and Netherlands)
- 2 in Asia (Japan and Singapore)
- 1 in South America (Brazil)
- 1 in Australia